Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DIY vanity

So, on Friday I posted a picture of a table my sister had given me that I wanted to turn into a vanity. I am so happy with how it turned out.

On Pinterest I saw very bright colored vanities so I decided to be bold and try a really bright color.  I hated it after it was painted but once I put everything together I can honestly say I LOVE it now.








Breakdown of costs:

Table: donated to me by my sister
Mirror: had in house
Flowers: already had
Mirrored tray: given to me by my mom
Glass jars to hold accessories: had in house and are actually mini dessert dishes from Macy's
Candle: had in my house
Lamps: on clearance in Target for $12.58 each
Stand mirror: found in TJ Maxx for $14.99
Bins under table: I got in Home Goods for $14.99 each, plus the smaller one for $9.99
Chair: Bed bath and beyond for $29.99 + $6 for the material from Walmart to recover the chair (the fabric didn't match well)
Mirrored jewelry box: found in Target for $24.99 (I have my eye shadows in it)
Curtain rod above mirror: $16.99 in Home Goods
Curtain: already had from Target
Paint for table: Lowes (Nectarine) for $15.99

For a total of just about $200! This definitely makes having to get up for work to get ready more enjoyable!

1 comment:

  1. perfect places to shop for all these items :) the color is great for the vanity!

    ReplyDelete