Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Worst lasik patient everrr

So a month and a half ago I decided to get LASIK. I've struggled with contacts for the past few years and just couldn't handle it anymore. I was finally able to get the courage thanks to my best friend getting it done as well. We went to Dr. Barry Wasserman in Princeton, NJ. I can honestly say that staff there made the experience completely worth it.

The day of my surgery I was freaking out. I was shaking in the waiting room. I even was taking "before" pictures since it was going to be the very last time wearing glasses.

(note the Maui shirt. I wanted to picture myself back in Hawaii instead of on that surgery table!)

During the surgery I clenched the bear so hard but really I felt NOTHING. It was more the anticipation of it all. Afterwards I was really positive even though my vision was very blurry.

two thumbs up for going through with it!!

As I waited I realized my eyes were tearing a lot. I have sensitive eyes and they were just very irritated. The ride home I was almost in tears because I just wanted to sleep...which made me feel a zillion times better. The next day I was able to see and had 20/15 vision!!!! I even wrote this great testimonial on their Facebook page.

Well, things have gone a little down hill. I now have a blurry 20/20 vision. (part of the healing process I suppose) I am very irritated still. I feel dry so I use drops but in actuality I'm not dry and am irritated and I am just irritating my eyes more with drops. So I am only allowed to use a saline drop...which does nothing for me. So I'm very frustrated and am trying to give it time.

Overall, I love it. I can see when I wake up, I don't have to deal with contacts, but my eyes are just super sensitive. I believe everything I'm experiencing is normal I just wish I could fast forward to perfect eyes!!! All I have to say is though thank goodness for such a patient and caring doctor and staff because I sure have been a pain through it all!

No regrets here though and if your in NJ I highly recommend Dr. Wasserman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment